1015 Deercrest Dr.
Devore, CA 92407
Internet Website: www.bestovallarabians.com
TRANSPORTED SEMEN BREEDING AGREEMENT
*PLEASE INCLUDE A COPY OF THE MARE'S REGISTRATION
Bestovall Arabians (BST) is standing the Arabian
stallion, BST Dajamaal, Registration #458209 in the year 2006
breeding season. BST understands that the above mare owner has entered
into this agreement
by which the mare owner is authorized to breed the
ARABIAN MARE, _______________________________________________,
REGISTRATION # ______________________________________________,
in the year 2006 breeding season.
1. The Arabian stallion will be standing at BESTOVALL ARABIANS and they will require 24 hours notice prior to shipment of semen.
2. The stud fee shall be $3,500.00, which is due and payable in advance of any shipment of semen to the mare owner. The $3,500.00 is required to be returned with the signed contract, which is non-refundable. The shipment costs will be $250.00 lab fee and the shipping costs at current rates. If Equitainer is used, deposit on the Equitainer is $300.00.
3. The availability of semen from the stallion shall be determined by BESTOVALL ARABIANS in its sole discretion.
4. All parties agree that semen shipped under this contract is to be used only for inseminating the mare designated, or a substitute chosen by mutual written consent.
5. This contract shall not be assigned or transferred without the written consent of BESTOVALL ARABIANS.
6. BESTOVALL ARABIANS assumes full responsibility only to deliver live semen in viable condition at the time of delivery to the designated veterinarian.
7. All semen shall be transported to the mare owner in a container provided and owned by BESTOVALL ARABIANS. The mare owner agrees to return the container within 48 hours if Equitainer is used.
8. All deposits, fees, and costs must be paid in full before the first semen shipment will be sent.
9. The mare owner is responsible for all veterinarian charges related to the pregnancy of the mare. The mare owner agrees to have all the inseminations performed by a licensed veterinarian experienced in Equine Artificial Insemination. The mare owner agrees to have said mare examined for pregnancy per the following minimum dates, and to notify BESTOVALL ARABIANS of the results.
A. Between 17 and 20 days following the last insemination, by ultrasound, and if positive, then:10. The mare owner understands that both the mare and the resulting foal must be blood typed by the Arabian Horse Registry of America, Inc., prior to the registering of the foal, and any foal conceived in any manner not complying with this contract will not be eligible for registration.
B. Between 45 and 60 days following the last date of insemination.
11. BESTOVALL ARABIANS makes no warranties or representations whatsoever with regard to the use of said semen and any foal or foals from the same use.
12. The mare owner shall assume all responsibility for the condition of the mare and shall bear all risks of loss or damage to the mare and therefore agrees to hold BESTOVALL ARABIANS harmless for any and all damages.
13. If the mare bred to the stallion fails to produce a live foal—defined as one that survives for 72 hours, as certified in writing by a licensed veterinarian, within one week of such determination and provided in writing to BESTOVALL ARABIANS within 30 days of the death of such foal—BESTOVALL ARABIANS will provide a rebreeding. Rebreeding must occur in the next succeeding breeding season or the rebreeding right shall be lost. There will be a $550.00 rebreeding fee, with all the shipping costs, handling charges, and container deposits in addition, at current rates.
14. This agreement shall be a binding
contract when signed and accepted by both parties. This agreement
shall be governed by the laws of the State of California, and venue shall
be in San Bernardino County, California. In the event counsel is
retained to enforce the provisions of this agreement, the prevailing party
shall be entitled to collect all reasonable attorney's fees and costs.
I / WE, THE UNDERSIGNED, CERTIFY THAT
I / WE ARE THE MARE OWNER NAMED HEREIN OR A DULY AUTHORIZED AGENT THEREOF,
AND AS SUCH HAVE THE AUTHORITY TO ENTER INTO THIS CONTRACT, AS WITNESSED
BY MY / OUR SIGNATURE. I / WE ALSO CERTIFY THAT I / WE HAVE READ
AND UNDERSTAND THE TERMS OF THIS CONTRACT AND FEE SCHEDULE.
MARE OWNER / AGENT(S):